November 2022 Non-Security patch update, KB5019157, is now available for Windows 11 21h2 users. This new update brings several key fixes with an option to access the Quick Assist application on your client’s device.
Since this update is optional in nature, you may either upgrade to or skip this cumulative update. This update is available only via Windows Update or through Microsoft Update Catalog.
Windows 11 KB5019157 Changelog
With this non-security update, you will receive the following new features and bug fixes –
- A new feature comes along with this non-security patch. This feature involves providing a Quick Assist application for your client’s device.
- Addresses some persistent update failures for the Microsoft Store.
- KB5019157 works on a known issue on the Start Menu affecting the pinned apps on it. When you move the mouse cursor in between pinned apps, Start Menu was failing to correspond correctly. This problem was most encountered on PCs having Right-to-Left Language orientation.
- Resolves an issue affecting daylight saving time (DST) in the Republic of Fiji. It cancels DST for 2022.
- This update resolves an issue affecting TextInputHost.exe which stops responding out of nowhere.
The rest fixes are from previous cumulative updates. So, they will come into effect only if you haven’t yet upgraded your device to KB5019961.
Known Issues on this update
After you upgrade your device to this version, you may encounter either of the below issues. They are as follows –
- The Problems with Kerberos authentication may continue to occur on this cumulative update as well. Microsoft is keen to resolve this issue and the related work is in progress. You will be informed about this issue in detail when a resolution to this problem is available.
- Installing this update might cause a failure in reconnecting to Direct Access after temporarily losing network connectivity or transitioning between Wi-Fi networks or access points.
How to download and install this patch update
If you haven’t disabled auto updates on your Windows 11 PC, the system will automatically detect and download this path update. After it is installed on your device, you will receive a prompt suggesting to restart your PC. In case you didn’t get this non-security update, navigate to the below path, and hit Check for updates.
Settings (Win + I) > Windows Update
Alternatively, one may also download its standalone package by visiting Microsoft’s Update Catalog. Pick the update that best matches your system architecture, and hit the Download button beside it. Click on the top link on the next screen, and the setup file starts downloading. When this download completes, double-click on the setup file and your device will soon upgrade to OS Build 22000.1281.