Microsoft has released KB5022836 for Windows 11 running 22H2 which improves the internal security functionality of the operating system. You can download it either through Windows Update or from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
According to Microsoft, the new update does not carry any security or stability issues. In this article, we will provide a more detailed explanation of this update, as well as different methods of downloading it. You can also read our Windows 11 Cumulative updates Complete Catalog.
How to Download KB5022836 in Windows 11
To download and install KB5022836 on your PC, follow these steps:
1] Through Windows Update
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings app.
- On the left, click Windows Updates.
- Click on Check for updates and the update will begin downloading automatically.
Once you’ve downloaded the update, click Restart Now to begin the installation. You can also schedule installation for a later time. After restarting your computer, open the Settings app again and select Windows Update > Check for updates. There should now be a message saying You’re up to date.
2] Through Microsoft Update Catalog
If the automatic search fails to find a patch, try searching in the Microsoft Update Catalog manually. The steps are as follows:
- Type KB5022836 in the text field and hit Enter.
- Next, look for your system’s architecture and click the Download button.
- After downloading it, install the update.
With this update, the build number has been increased to 22000.1574. Here are the changes you will get with this update:
- This update improves the security of internal OS functions. This release does not have any additional issues.