Microsoft has brought a new Reset this PC design on Windows 11, version 22h2. This feature is currently available only for insiders who have upgraded their devices to OS Build 25231. If you would like to bring the newly added elements on Reset this PC wizard, follow this article till the end.
Is the new Reset this PC design worth installing on your PC?
This new interface allows users to wipe all the contents on the hard disk and reinstall Windows 11. Moreover, this allows you to either keep or remove all personal files and folders. That’s the reason why this tool is in demand among Windows 11 users. The materialistic design of the new interface is more eye catchy with options to switch between dark and light color modes.
For this, you need to download and install a third-party tool from ViVeTool. Let’s explore how to enable this feature on your Windows 11 PC.
Enable New Reset This PC Design on your Windows 11
If you would like to change the Reset this PC design on your device with the new one, follow these easy steps –
- First of all, visit the GitHub website.
- Locate the ViVeTool latest version on the GitHub site, and click on it.
- Browse to a folder where you would like to download this file and hit Save.
- Navigate to the folder where you had saved this zip folder.
- Right-click on the zipped folder and select Extract all.
- On the subsequent pop-up window, click Extract.
- The system will soon start extracting all the files and folders inside this Zip folder.
- Open the extracted folder and copy its URL.
- Launch CMD as administrator next, and execute this command –
cd copied URL
For example, cd C:\Users\ranvi\OneDrive\Desktop\Tools\ViVeTool-v0.3.2.
Note: Make sure to replace this path with your actual username and the folder where you have saved this file.
- Moving forward, enable the Search bar on Task Manager by running this command –
vivetool /enable /id:41598133
vivetool /enable /id:36390579
- After you run both these commands successfully, reboot your PC next.
From the next login, whenever you open the Reset this PC wizard, you will see the new elements appearing on it.
How to disable New Reset this PC wizard on your PC
If you ever think of disabling this new element on your PC, you may disable it as well. For this, you need to follow all the steps guided above and at last, run these two codes –
vivetool /disable /id:41598133
vivetool /disable /id:36390579
Do restart your PC for the changes to become effective from the subsequent login.