Microsoft has confirmed bringing the Amazon Appstore to a total of 31 new nations. Previously, this store app was available only to users residing in the United States and Japan. The countries which are likely to receive this new app are Australia, France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom, and 26 others.
BlueStacks, LDPlayer, Nox Player, MEmu Play, and a few others are the only PlayStations that support cloud-based cross-platform products. As these are third parties, the interaction between Windows and Android isn’t very smooth. Microsoft in collaboration with Amazon has brought Amazon AppStore to fill this gap.
If you are a Windows Insider and are residing in the countries list provided below, you may test this new AppStore on your PC. As of now, this is available for users enrolled in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Program.
Amazon AppStore Games and Apps
When this was first made available to American users, this app store was having only 50 apps. The applications list grew in numbers and is now nearing about 10,000+ apps. More and more developers are adding their apps to this list and we hope soon it will have a huge base of users like Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
All popular games like Coin Master, Epic Seven, and others are available on the Store app. For Kids, the available apps are Disney Coloring World, KidsBeeTV, Lego Duplo World, and apps like Kindle, Audible, FlipaClip, and Lutron.
Similar to what other AppStores are doing, Amazon AppStore has features like inline ratings and reviews. The company is working on the app link-sharing feature on its interface. Once available, users may share their favorite apps with their friends.
Moreover, the company has also begun rolling out the WSA September update to the insiders. This features various improvements, such as faster graphic performance with hardware acceleration, and DRM video support. A few other changes include better input handling across touch, mouse & keyboard, and security changes.
The countries that are still left behind will be getting access to this Store app in the near future, but it has not yet been confirmed.
The list of Countries that are getting Amazon Appstore
Users residing in the following countries are now eligible to install the Appstore by Amazon on their PCs. The country names are as follows –
- Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Guernsey
- Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco
- San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City/Holy See
Requirements to get this Appstore on Windows PC
As of now, Amazon Appstore is available only for users residing in the United States. There are certain conditions you need to fulfill to get this AppStore on your PC.
- Your country name should appear in the above list. We’ll update this list as soon as we get any info about any other country. So, do check this list regularly.
- You need to upgrade your device to Windows 11, version 22H2.
- Update Microsoft Store to its latest version. If you don’t update the Store app, Amazon Appstore won’t appear in the searched list.
What’s in for developers to Join Amazon AppStore?
Installing Amazon AppStore on Windows 11
Assuming your device does follow the above prerequisites, follow these steps on how to install Amazon Appstore on your computer –
- Click on the Store icon to start Microsoft Store.
- On its search bar, type “Amazon Appstore”, and click on the matching result.
- Click Download > Install on the next page to confirm installing “Windows Subsystem for Android” on your computer.
- If any confirmation window appears midway, hit Yes to authorize downloading or installing.
Wait for some time and Amazon Appstore will start downloading on your PC. You need not require installing this app as this will happen automatically. When installed, click the Open button available inside Amazon Appstore.
Use Amazon account sign-in credentials to log into this Store app. If you don’t have an Amazon account, click sign up and create your new account.
That’s it, you now search for any Android app inside Amazon Appstore, and install them for your computer. you may find the recently added app under Settings > Apps > Installed apps.